Posts filed under ‘First Impressions’
Summer APPROACHES! And with it brings MASTER SPARK OH NOES a new season!
Highschool of the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD : Japan does a manga about WORLD WAR Z. And it gets animated. Duh.
Seikimatsu Occult Academy : Comedy+Mystery+Occult = May not want
More Sengoku Basara : Is Always A Good Thing.
More Kuroshitsuji : Is not a bad thing. Even if Sebastian isn’t the focus.
Nuraihon no Mago : Oh DEEN :3c
Tono to Issho : Did someone say GACKT meets Uesugi Kenshin? (And I’m NOT referring to the one in Rance!) And HUMOUR? Sold.
THE LEGEND OF THE LEGENDARY HEROES : Makes my head swim. That is a confusing title.
Osaka Hamlet : What is this I don’t even
Amagami : I am not that up to date with PS2 eroge trends to say anything.
(That one show about a tsundere girl everyone is talking about) : At first I thought it was a harem show, then I saw that it was about a tsundere girl. And not about a harem show.
Mitsudomoe : WHAT HAS GAINAX DONE
STRIKE WITCHES 2 : PLEASE LET AIC ASTA DO THE SHOW. Oh, also, PLEASE LET IT BE WITCH IN AFRICA.
Asobi Ni Iku Yo! : WHAT HAS TO-LOVE-RU DONE
School Council Vice-President : Kaichou Wa Maid-sama this ain’t.
More Sekirei : I’M NOT DONE WITH POKEMON PEARL YET
The rest : BAH I’M TOO LAZY TO DO WRITEUPS FOR THEM.
DioHamster is unknown. Someone find it’s home ;-;
HEROMAN: It is everything I had expected it to be, and more. BEST SHOW OF SEASON, but the OP is so bland.
The Idiot Testing Show: It has Hideyoshi, and amusing gay prospects. It is also mindlessly entertaining. In a good way. Also moar Hideyoshi fanservice, even if he is a mans.
ANGEL BEATS: I missed April’s Fools and I can’t make the joke about it being a porn show about masturbation anymore 😦
To keep it short, this is a con I really liked. A LOT.
- Lots of familiar faces, some new ones, all in one convenient setting.
- Lots of things to see (and potentially do)
- Delicious Irony
- Famous people actually making it to the con (massive bonus, Hopefully they get NASU some time)
- HUEG CON IS HUEG. THAT MEANS IT HAS HUEG GUTS.
- NEW CON IS NEW. VERY NEW.
- INTERNETS. WHAR BE INTERNETS. (Translated: Bad wifi coverage)
…I have few complaints about this con. It is a great con, and no I was not paid to do this.
AND NOW, RANDOM NOTES!
- MS IGLOO Dub is shockingly decent. Minor terminology aside, it is shockingly decent. GOOD DUB IS GOOD.
- KURO, WHAR BE YOO. IF YOU IS READINGS, PLZ TO BE RESPONDING.
- GAIA Online is there. What the dicks.
- Warhamster liek con. A lot. Will be back next year. Maybe with a media pass.
- The LOL ODEX exhibit was positioned just beside doujin groups. Talk about your delicious irony. (If the entire con was not an exercise in delicious irony already)
- Torada’wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwra. Yes that was intentional.
- NO PICS. I DO NOT TAKE PICS, AND AM TOO LAZY TO TAKE PICS.
As much as I would like to be in the loop and therefore be cool (in terms of the lol otakucube), WarHamster is in ur base, sapping ur sentries and shredding your dox. Leaving very little time for lol animu.
Yes I am also lazy. Sucks to be me.
And now, the Fall Season Mockables:
Jun is a Magical Index (Or just call it Magical Index):
Jun sees a delicious bread. WUT U DO? >OM NOM NOM
Masterwork Flaming Iron LineBarrels of Loser Killing +10 (aka Linebarrels of IRON):
Little did Solar Hands Azuma know that his last batch of Prehistoric Bread he sold to some adventurers would have devastating consequences on this hapless loser over here… (or for the wit-challenged: YOUR HERO IS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD)
This show is not Triangle Hearts and is not related to Nanoha at all (or ToraDora!):
This is the only reason why I am going to watch this. A pocket tiger makes EVERYTHING better. Even shitty sandwiches.
Failed Touhou ripoff #65534 (or Kannagi):
Meh. (This is why Touhou is better)
CODE GEASS THE EROGE (Or for the humor-challenged: Akane Iro ni Sor- *KERSNAP* FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF):
*WARNING CODE GEASS JOKE*
Apparently, Lulu survived his first foray into ventricular intercourse. Too bad he’s stuck in an eroge adaptation 😛 (He is totally Lelouche in an eroge, and no, That Code Geass Novel Game Does Not Count)
MY DANGOS ARE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD (formerly known as Tomoyo After ~It’s a Wonderful Life~ CLANNAD ~After Story~):
This is your Akio after he has been hit in the nuts by an aluminum baseball bat. Kids, do not use aluminium baseballs bats if you have an Akio around. Try baguettes instead.
WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE
What part of “phnglui mglw’nafl Cthulhu r’lyeh w’gah nagl fhtagn” don’t you understand?
Every once in a while, you will come across a show that doesn’t deserve to be bashed horribly (I’m looking at you, Code Geachu Geass), and yet, it’s bad enough to actually pass
I’m sure there’ll be a rabid pack of fantards who’ll chew my ass out for bashing their favorite show, but…
I’m sorry guys, I just cannot sit through an episode of Koihime Musou.
I’ve got to be honest with you here. I have not seen anything that could condemn the show, unless you count the SACCHARINE SWEETNESS mixed in with the 300 METRIC TONS OF CHEESE and THE POT FULL OF CLICHES as being bad. Heck, I enjoy my cheese, cliché, and sweetness, but this show…
There’s nothing potentially wrong with the show, really (unless you happen to be either a Chinese national, or a Chinese History Buff, or someone who didn’t catch Rule 63 of the Internets.). It’s not eye-jarringly horrible, the ridiculous story actually has a bit of a backbone to it, and the gratituous fanservice (granted, it’s not as bad as Kanokon, but…) makes this a rather pleasing watch (male hormones, so sue me.)…
But for some reason, it feels completely and utterly wrong. And you can’t seem to pinpoint where the show has gone off the deep end or something. It’s one of those horrible feelings you can’t shake off.
THEY’RE DOING THE SPEARFIGHTS WRONG
I dunno, I’d really love to bash the show, but I have to be intellectually honest here. There’s nothing wrong with the show itself. It’s bad, but not so overly horrible I have to gouge my eyeballs, declare myself a heretic, and light myself on fire just to even begin to think of opurging the taint.
Unless the mere existence of the show itself means that it is possible to divide by zero. In a very horrible manner. That could be very bad.
I mean, it’s based off a game which involve gender-bending characters from the Three Kingdoms Period in Chinese History… … … AND SEXING THEM UP. HOW COULD ANYTHING POSSIBLY GO WRONG.
Shit, I’m feeling so confused right now. Maybe I’ll go rewatch the Watchmen trailer to clear it all up.
Just because fall is coming doesn’t mean I have to follow the lot of them and post OMFG PREVIEWS.
I’ll cut to the chase and tell YOU what to watch.
If you don’t watch any of these series I will personally come over to your house and f*ck your sister:
CLANNAD (DUH), ef (Makoto Shinkai is directing the OP, and therefore it will be made of win and awesome), ARIA the OVA (DOUBLE DUH, The new You’re Under Arrest (YUA is still awesome), Hidamari Sketch OVA (OW MY NUTBLADDER)
Comes off as ‘meh’, but you may watch them if you wanna:
Shion no Ou (there will be epic lines), kimikiss pure rouge (I have no idea why it is calling itself pure cosmetics), Genshiken S2 (Then again, maybe not), GHOST HOUND (I haven’t watched Lain, so this might be interesting), Gundam 00 (Ass and Tittays)
Should not be touched with a 40-mile pole if possible, if you do I will come over and SQUICK YOU:
Rental Magica (sounds like a bad eroge), Kodomono Jikan (THIS IS WHY LOLI IS BANNED IN CANADA), MAPLE FSCKING STORY (FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, MY ANUS IS BLE- WHY THIS LOUSY GAME?)
CLANNAD is bolded because I am awesome.
And well, apart from all that danmaku you gotta dodge after that (:V) , here are some of the spring releases:
- Hitohira: Highschool… … …and stuff :V
- Keitai Shoujou: O_O *grabs a tissue Owait. Handphone romance. Gee, I hope the guy doesn’t marry his handphone.
- Gurenn Lagann: Boy has mecha, trips and falls. Hilarity ensues. AKA I don’t know.
- Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro: Gogi Power Hiroyuki (creator of fines memes like A CAT IS FINE TOO and JAM IT IN) meets Hayao Miyazaki. I demand twisted, slightly perverted humour, and EPIC MEME moments. Waitaminute, IT’S AN OLD SERIES.
- Hayate the Combat Butler: Not to be confused with Hayate from Nanoha StrikerS. Because this Hayate is a delicious trap =3
- Heroic Age: Looks like a candidate for SRW.
- Jeeg: More mecha? Oh well. YOUNG PEOPLE SHOULD LEARN THEIR OLD MECHA
- Emily of New Moon: Errr… … … old English books are win?
- Seirei no Moribito: ARGH Manegg
- Ooriku FukiTHISNAMEISTOOHARDTOPRONOUNCE: Young boys and baseball? DO NOT WANT
- Even more Sainoku Montoagari: I know imps would orgasm over it.
- Sisters of Wellber: I see medieval mecha. Onoz the Technocracy.
- Sugar Bunnies: Yes I have officially gone off the deep end. A show aboput sugar and plushie rabbits prancing along in their merry sugarland. For some reason, this show and it’s kiddy themes are strangely compelling.
- Nagasarete Airanou: Guy crashlands on uncharted island, doesn’t leave because of females. For some reason, this combination is strangely compelling and erotic.
- Kamichama Karin: No, not to be confused with the crazy adventures of the nosebleeding vampire. Also, done by the mangaka who did Pita Ten and Bottle Fairy (I think)
- Seto no Hanayome: Do not be fooled if the OP sounds like some old clasical Japanese music. It is a strangely hilarious tale of misunderstanding, homoerotic tension, and a little loliassassin who just can”t seem to kill her mark =3 Oh, and the male lad is a little messed up in the head.
- CLAYMORE: I don’t get it. Is it Joan of Arc in anime form?
- Blue Dragon: Yes that XBOX360 Game. Yes, Akira Toriyama had a hand in it. No, it will not have 15 episodes of two groups of people charging their lazers. Or dragons.
- Monster Princess: Not too clear with this series. need more research. And more Altrouge =3
- Polyphonica: THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUT ONE SEASON AGO orz Also, Kinetic novel =3 Nice bewbs =3
- Darker than BLACK: No, your blasted ‘goddess’ had nothing to do with this, so stafoo. Oshi moar Technocracy interference :V
- To Terra: In Space, no one can hear you angst.
- Kodomo no Jikan: Oooooooooooooooookay… … … *stays away from this series
- Nanoha StrikerS: OH LAWD IZ DAT SUM NANOHA?Also, hawt Hayate is haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawt.
- Lucky Star: RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR RUCKY STAR =3
- idolm@ster Xenoglossia: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaitaminute… … …Isn’t this The IDOLM@STER? With mecha? And it’s done by SUNRISE? WTF IS GOING ON WITH GOD’S GREEN EARTH?
- Kaze no Shikon: Shana grew up~ and grew bewbs~ =3
- sola: I smell trap.
- Saint Beast: Looks like some yaoi manga. If it does not turn into gratuitious buttsex within 5 seconds, I’m dropping it like a hot sack of lead potatoes.
- Shining Tears: Yes, it is an Japanese RPG game. No it does not contain Puyo death.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd that’s part 1 done. Tune in next time for part 2, where I try to find the motivation to actually do a part 2 other than an obligation to my non-existing fans.
PS: Lily White is cute =3
PPS: Happy Valentine’s Day :V