12 Moments in Anime: Visual Novel Translations
- Started out with a bunch of people who loved these “interactive picture books (kinda)” enough to translate and/or localize them in English
- …And then people started being dicks and decided to pirate planetarian, which caused one of the pioneering groups to throw a massive hissyfit.
- Which led to al|together, which… … … didn’t turn out so well.
- Flashforward to today: we have many groups translating visual novels. And we have JASTUSA partnering with Nitro+, and Mangagamer licensing Shuffle! and Higurashi. Mangagamer also approves of fantranslations. YAY!
- Gipface is a dick. And is still alive. And the biggest loser in the visual novel translation scene. HURR.
- BREAK THE SUPPORT DISC, which was extremely famous and known outside this little community.
Entry filed under: 12 Days.